internetworkers - egetgoing.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: egetgoing.com
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:10:46 -0500

Hi

This is a serious email. Messages have been posted before regarding the surge in addiction in the Dot Com World.

Here is a company trying to do something about it. If you know anyone suffering from an addiction, perhaps this might help. And if anyone makes fun or me or flames me for this, may my Karma run over your Dogma!

From Bizmodel.com
" ** A Site Where Web 'User' Has Whole New Meaning
Drug and alcohol abusers can now get counseling online.
EGetgoing, a for-profit affiliate of CRC Health, last week
launched Web-based, anti-drug and alcohol E-learning and support
programs for people new to dependency treatment and those seeking
to extend treatment they've already had.
Participants are shipped CD-ROMs, headphones, and a microphone
for use in anonymous online group therapy. They can see and hear
the moderator and be heard by other participants. They also get
their own Web page for personalized help, and have one-on-one
access to their counselor if need be.
EGetgoing's program isn't meant to substitute for residential
treatment when it's available, stresses Barry Karlin, founder and
CEO of eGetgoing and CRC. Customers are mainly companies,
treatment providers, and criminal justice programs. - Larry
Greenemeier "

  • egetgoing.com, saundrakaerubel.com, 03/15/2001