internetworkers - Re: ibiblio / sunsite

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ibiblio / sunsite
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:42:45 -0500

I question the recipe and operating procedures. You don't ferment in
the still. You ferment in the mash boxes and then strain the mash
liquids into the still for distillation. The still would soon be a
complete mess if you let mash churn inside it.
There are probably people around who used the mash many times, but the
discriminating taster could probably tell you which run a sample came
from. I'm from back in the hills, so I have had some communications with
people who remember this stuff. I wouldn't know from first hand
experience of course...
Roger (in RTP, born hillbilly, neck is now white[ish])