internetworkers - Re: from bad to worse?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josep Lluís Guallar Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: from bad to worse?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:05:16 +0000

I guess that there's an actual goal in this consortium. They are trying to
produce a re-make of Florida's election joke. And get rich while building it.

But, let's be serious. If all the economical power of Microsoft has proven
unable to produce an easy, workable and error-free operative system... Will a
fraction of this power be able to produce an easy, workable and error-free
ballot-counting software?

I am for human-only ballot counting, Turing-way.

Work with human-only ballot-counting tables. Each table with representatives
of all parts involved in the ellection. Make them achieve an agreement before
submiting the results of their electoral table. When you do this nation-wide,
well, maybe you'll get delayed 12 hours before the results. But they will be
official and error-proof.

This has worked in Europe for a while, now. And everyone accepts the results
because they accepted each and every table results.

My $.02

Salut,
Josep

A Divendres 12 Gener 2001 04:23 pm, vàreu escriure:

--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve
mailto:jlguallar AT maduixa.net

  • from bad to worse?, David R. Matusiak, 01/12/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: from bad to worse?, Josep Lluís Guallar Esteve, 01/12/2001