internetworkers - Re: Local list sizes (was RE: Changes at InternLlan)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Local list sizes (was RE: Changes at InternLlan)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:31:40 -0500

Just so I can maintain credibility... Some people have accused
me of fuzzy math b/c I use totally different numbers to
describe Internetworkers list size... but I don't!

Internetworkers actually consists of multiple lists, this
list and and the broadcast only announce list. The 160
number is this list only, whereas the larger broadcast list is
275. There is a lot of overlap in the two lists. I did a census
in December that came up with 340 unique emails. It's at

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/growth/Census.htm .

Since the discussion list has grown by 20 and the broadcast
list has grown by 24, so we're probably around 360-370 total.

But this is only one very slim dimension of the group. I'd like
to propose that we have an open "town meeting" to discuss the
future of Triangle Internetworkers in Feb. It's fun to watch
the numbers grow, but what are we really about and what can
we do?

Now that we are somewhat established, I'd especially like to
focus on how we can better serve the community at large.

InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu> wrote:
> kevin wrote:
> The TriLUG list has 274 members. (I just checked lyris to be sure)

the mailing list for the group formerly known as triangle webgrrls (we
have GOT to come up with a new name) has 290...

(no, i'm not list-sizing. honest! :) )

lisa

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: mdthomas AT mindspring.com