internetworkers - Re: internetworkers digest: December 30, 2000

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: AlMaur777 AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers digest: December 30, 2000
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:46:22 EST

In a message dated 12/31/00 12:01:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu writes:

The network caved because advertisers threatened to
> pull ads when this most excellent show aired a segment about abortion. I
> studiously avoid purchasing from those advertisers even now. I really
> liked Lou Grant.)

All I have to say is that I liked the show Rhoda.  But I don't think
advertisers threatened to can it.   :)

Actually, I was working for a daily newspaper in Monroe, NC at the time Lou
Grant was in its first run, 1976, (loved the show, it was the only newspaper
show ever to present something close to what life in a newsroom and out is
really like).
But the show did cover controversial subjects and got advertiser guff. I
think it was just a little too savvy for TV, period. Producers tend to like
shows that have ratings but not much else, lol.
An absolutely useless piece of information: I used to know a woman in
Charlotte who actually dated the actor who played Rossi (the hotshot
reporter).

Allan

Allan Maurer/staff writer/Triangle/Charlotte
amaurer AT LocalBusiness.com
PHONE NUMBER: 919-667-1733.
500 N. Duke Street,55106, Durham, N.C. 27701

http://www.LocalBusiness.com - "Your local business destination on the web"
http://www.digitalsouth.com - digitalsouth magazine - The South's source for
technology, venture capital and finance.

  • Re: internetworkers digest: December 30, 2000, AlMaur777, 01/02/2001