internetworkers - Re: internetworkers digest: September 29, 2000

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Acipa Media Inc." <Info AT acipamedia.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers digest: September 29, 2000
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 05:48:48 -0400

Ditto on the Bank of America thing.

I went into bank of America to deposit a check. I still go into the bank to do everything because as a wee lad my Dad dispensed some wisdom and said, "Always go into the bank to do your banking. This way they get to know you if you ever need that extra service."

So, I went into the bank to deposit a rather large check. I had forgotten my check book so I asked the teller to look up the account number for me. Well he apparently gave me the wrong number and the check never made it to my account. Weeks later I get a notice for three bounced checks. "Yikes!" They charged me $50, twice for each check to the tune of $300.00.

Well I didn't get upset because we discovered what happened and surly BoA would refund the charges for the mistake. The branch manager informed me that they wouldn't refund because they can't be expected to provide that level of service for all their customers.

Granted I was wrong to have forgotten my check book, but was it, is it unreasonable to expect this level of service form your friggin bank? So much for the wisdom of yesteryear.

Signed
Hello Centura

PS, I wrote letters to corporate and got he standard form letter back. Still $300 poorer. Any suggestions? Sorry for the long story. Steve S.