internetworkers - RE: Help please - Anyone a MS-Exchange Admin?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paula Paul <Paula AT PaulSoftware.com>
  • To: 'InterNetWorkers' <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Help please - Anyone a MS-Exchange Admin?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:57:10 -0400

Hi Joanna,

>We are sliding down the slippery slope, I'd
>like to hear praise or horror stories on
>migrating to Exchange, implenting Exchange
>taming Exchange
>
>Please warn me before I am assimilated...

I'm a tertiary adjunct of Microsoft unimatrix 001...

I've been doing Exchange 5.5 (and now Exchange 2000) work for a client of
mine for over a year now - they have something on the order of 30,000 users
I think (ack).

I give Microsoft some credit for the work they did on the latest version
(Exchange 2000); if you have the option of a Windows 2000 server environment
I would definitely consider going straight to Exchange 2000 instead of
deploying 5.5.

I don't have any real horror stories, but have access to a great deal of
information (due to my client's partnership with Microsoft's Exchange
group). If you want me to dig up information for you (or if you have
questions about migrating from a particular product), feel free to drop me a
line off-list-

Good luck!
Paula
Paula Paul Paula AT PaulSoftware.com