internetworkers - FW: Re: Oh, Shit...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FW: Re: Oh, Shit...
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:13:04 -0400

Hi, folks.

My friend Greg is looking for people who might have opinions (informed
preferably, but he's willing to listen to anyone ;) on the questions
and issues described below:

> "Hi. My name's Greg Knauss (greg AT eod.com) and I'm researching an
> article about Linux and the more formalized development processes,
> including ISO 9000 compliance and published release schedules. I'd
> very much like to talk to anybody who has an opinion on the subject,
> pro- or anti-process, and whether the lack of white-shirt-and-
> narrow-tie formalism might prevent the OS from being adopted by
> more process-driven businesses (including the government).
> Thanks."

I'd also be curious what the saner heads here think, so feel free to
carry on the thread here and I'll summarize and send it to Greg. Feel
free to contact him directly as well, but I'd be curious what you all
think on the subject.

Steve

--
http://a.jaundicedeye.com/weblog/
because it just annoys people when I talk to myself...

  • FW: Re: Oh, Shit..., Steven Champeon, 09/22/2000