internetworkers - Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:59:12 -0400

Rachel Cox wrote:
> Frequent *and informed* voters. Frankly, I wish they'd stop
> grabbing people off the street and registering them like they're
> signing up for a free trial subscription to USA Today.

I dunno. Ever the optimist, I tend to think that if you *made* people
vote they'd start taking an interest in what they were voting about. It
might take a few disastrous elections, but the population would wise up
before too long.

Barring that, I'm not altogether sure that much of the eligible
electorate wants to be "informed" so much as "entertained". This year's
Presidential election is playing like another run of "Survivor".

TaB

  • Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution, Thomas A. Beckett, 09/19/2000