internetworkers - Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "ncgov2000.org" <ids AT idisplay.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:47:50 -0400

Let's take the money now given to the individual political candidates and to political parties and use it to make sure every home has Internet access
Linda: was this sendup or serious?
It sounds pretty good to me. ...seems like a better way to spend that money.
A meditation surfaces about migration from three/four networks to the multitude of cable channels; migration to a www with video (such as it is) during the past half decade or so; the remarkable amount of political information already on line.
Alas, I don't think this can be legislated. I fear/expect that the marketplace will determine the migration from passively received sound bites and television spots to actively pursued information.
Though, Campaign Finance Reform, campaign finance alternative, ...nah, this can't be legislated. ...stranger things have happened, tho, like the exiting system of TV campaign commercials!
Ed Wesolowski
edwes AT ncgov2000.org