internetworkers - Re: d&d comeback

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josef J. Komenda" <joe AT komejo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: d&d comeback
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 19:33:58 -0400

I missed the cartoon, but I heard a story on NPR about a movie in the works.
Mebbie a network-related push to prep the kiddies into seeing teh movie this
fall?

From NPR: "Dungeons & Dragons -- In the 1980s, Dungeons and Dragons inspired
millions of kids to spend their spare time pretending to be wizards and
dwarves.
A new version of the D&D rule book comes out tonight, and the designers are
betting it will lure today's kids away from video and computer games. (5:00)"

http://search.npr.org/cf/cmn/cmnpd01fm.cfm?PrgDate=08%2F10%2F2000&PrgID=2

Real audio: http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/atc/20000810.atc.19.rmm

Joe K

uzoma nwosu wrote:

> I wake up an turn on the tv and see that Fox is airing the old Dungeons &
> Dragons cartoons series. Who would ever thought that would happen? What
> next? Thundar the Barbarian?
>
> Ok, I'm not the only one who remembers this stuff, right?
>
> Missing the days of Toth on Saturday mornings...
>
> Uzoma Nwosu

> http://metalab.unc.edu/internetworkers/
> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: joe AT komejo.com

  • d&d comeback, uzoma nwosu, 08/12/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: d&d comeback, Steven Champeon, 08/12/2000
    • Re: d&d comeback, Josef J. Komenda, 08/12/2000