internetworkers - Re: "Go" players?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT pobox.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: "Go" players?
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 21:36:06 -0400 (EDT)

At 7:22pm Today, I heard Thomas Beckett say :
> Mine's a nifty little folding travelling set with magnetic stones. I
> like it, but it's not too fancy. The "real" sets in the little shop in
> the Ginza were *very* expensive. But it's a date, let's go to Nippon
> and shop for Go sets together this fall. :)

Ah. I bought the nice lightweight but full-size travel stones at Games
Galore (both Raleigh and Cary have a great Go selection) And use those
with either a vynal or wood board. They don't sound exactly right, but
hey, I'll live.

My favorite is still the wood travel board I have with glass stones -
about a foot square (folding) with stones smaller than a dime.

Oh, and I'll gladly fly to the Ginza to shop, assuming you can talk
Jeffrey into sending me *smirk*.

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --
"I am Bad. I am Evil. I am...MOJO JOJO!"