internetworkers - The Internet is History!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: The Internet is History!
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:32:49 -0400

Hey,

I'm watching a History Channel documentary on the History of the
Internet... starting with ARPANET. I can't find when it will be on
again... Hopefully it will be and we can tape it.... It's well done with
interviews with the key players. Here's the description I found on the
web page:

"Over 200 million people around the world use the Internet--yet no one
owns or controls it. Its phenomenal usage puts it on a par with the
printing press as a civilization-shaping invention. Follow the rise of
the Net as a humble defense department research project to its stature
as the number one communications tool for the future. (cc) [TV G ]"

  • The Internet is History!, Michael D. Thomas, 06/15/2000