internetworkers - Re: Behind Enemy Lines - Premier Services Exposed

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Behind Enemy Lines - Premier Services Exposed
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:14:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, B Holroyd wrote:
> This is VERY interesting.... Especially if you've been the victim of
> spam-o-matic thievery!
>
> http://belps.freewebsites.com/index2.htm
>
> (After you've checked out The Story, don't let the tech stuff stop you from
> looking at Let's Get Brutal!...)

No, don't let the tech stuff stop you. But /do/ hesitate if you don't like
looking at naked spammer butt. Bletch.

Be sure to download the list of addresses for people they're afraid to
spam, though - it is an entertaining (and sometimes frightening) look at
how spammers work to stay below the radar. For me, it was fun because I
found several addresses of mine dating back to 1993. Some folks have found
them dating back *twenty years*. Somebody did their research, all right.

It'll be amusing to see how long Premier stays in business, given the
wealth of information on this site regarding their activities: SEC stock
pump-and-dump schemes, AOL password theft, and more.

Steve

--
tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://hesketh.com/careers/>