internetworkers - Triangle named 5th best tech city worldwide!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Triangle named 5th best tech city worldwide!
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:26:49 -0400

In an article this month, Wired Magazine has named the
Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area 5th best region for high
tech worldwide, ahead of Helsinki, Austin & San Francisco!
(Silicon Valley topped the list.)

Couldn't find a link to the article -- just heard it cited
this morning on CNBC. I'll paraphrase what they had to say
about our hometown:

"Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill? No freakin' way, we thought.
Last we heard, most of North Carolina doesn't even have
running water. But then, we visited the Internetworker's
web site ( http://metalab.unc.edu/internetworkers/ )
As soon as we saw that pulsating "Join Now!" button and
that AMAZING picnic script, we felt like a dog watching
his master make dinner. We knew we were seeing the work
of some true tech gods and we had to squeeze the Triangle
in to the top 5 high tech cities."