internetworkers - This weekend! First annual all-geek cookout and picnic!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: inet-announce AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: This weekend! First annual all-geek cookout and picnic!
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 23:14:30 -0400

It's finally here! The first InterNetWorkers cookout, on the shores of
Jordan Lake.

Executive Summary: Potluck picnic for InterNetWorkers, friends and
family, this coming Sunday afternoon from 2:00 'til dusk. We'll provide
the hotdogs, hamburgers, vegetarian grillables and appropriate buns.
You provide a side dish large enough for yourself and several others.
Bring your own beverage, but park rules prohibit alcohol. Activities
include swimming, hiking, kickball, and whatever else we can come up
with.

Find the details: Sign yourself up at the InterNetWorkers picnic page.
http://metalab.unc.edu/internetworkers/cgi-bin/picnic.pl
Don't be discouraged if you're not the sidedish-cooking type, just sign
up to bring drinks and ice (and cups) or something fun to play with.

Find the park: Our spot on Jordan Lake is about equidistant from the
three points of the Triangle. It's location 2 on the official park
map:
http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/jpeg/jordmap.jpeg
You might find it easier to print the .pdf with Adobe Acrobat and bring
it with you: http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/pdffiles/jord.pdf
Alternatively, it's smack in the middle of this Mapquest map:
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/share?s47b0aw7mavecfnt

NOTE: Do let us know if you're coming. RSVP to me by reply to this
email and/or sign up on the INW Picnic Page. Because we're providing
food, it's even more important for us to get an accurate headcount.

See you there!

Tom Beckett

  • This weekend! First annual all-geek cookout and picnic!, Thomas A. Beckett, 06/05/2000