internetworkers - Family Cookout and Picnic at Jordan Lake!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, inet-announce AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Family Cookout and Picnic at Jordan Lake!
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 00:14:32 -0400

Announcing: The First Annual InterNetWorkers Family Cookout and
Picnic! We will be gathering in broad daylight at Jordan Lake State
Recreation area on Sunday, June 11, 2000, at 2:00 p.m. Specifically, we
have a reservation for Shelter #8 at the Ebenezer Church area, which is
Location 2 on this map:
http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/jpeg/jordmap.jpeg

This is a partial potluck. InterNetWorkers, with the generous
assistance of several sponsors, will provide hotdogs, hamburgers and
vegetarian grillables of some sort. (Input on the latter is
respectfully requested.) We ask that you bring soft drinks for your
group and a side dish or two big enough to feed several people besides
yourself, along with paper plates, napkins and paper towels, serving
implements and so forth. Sign up to bring a dish and see what other
folks are bringing on the InterNetWorkers Picnic page:
http://metalab.unc.edu/internetworkers/cgi-bin/picnic.pl

As noted, this is a family event. In keeping with the spirit of
InterNetWorkers, the definition of family is quite loose. So bring your
spouses, parents, children, significant others, polyamorous partners,
housemates or whatever. The more the merrier.

Because this is our first event of this sort, and because we're trying
to organize food for everyone, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us know if you
are coming and how many folks will be with you. If you are vegetarian,
please say so as well so we can purchase enough non-meat-grillables.
RSVP to me, at thomas AT tbeckett.com Thanks!

The Ebenezer Church area has a swimming beach, boat ramps and hiking
trails. Catch the details at
http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/jordeb.html There will be plenty to
do, so bring your sneakers, your bathing suit and plenty of sunscreen.
Bring recreational equipment if you have it. Croquet anyone?
Badminton? Sign up on the Picnic page.

A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES:

- Jordan Lake SRA has a strict rule against alcohol. Sorry to say this,
but we can have no beer, in kegs. Please make sure that NO ALCOHOLIC
BEVERAGES are seen among our group.

- There's is a $4.00 per car charge for parking. If you want to
carpool, post a note to the [InterNetWorkers] list.

Here's the summary.

What: First Annual InterNetWorkers Family Cookout and Picnic
When: Sunday, June 11, 2000, from 2:00 p.m. until everyone leaves or
the park closes.
Where: Jordan Lake State Recreation Area
Shelter #8 at the Ebenezer Church area
Location 2 on this map:
http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/jpeg/jordmap.jpeg
Park office (919) 362-0586
Why: Everyone needs some sunlight at least once per year.

This should be a really great time. It will happen rain or shine
(that's what shelters are for). We hope to see all of you at the Lake.

Michael Thomas, Thomas Beckett and the rest of the InterNetWorkers
Conspiracy.

  • Family Cookout and Picnic at Jordan Lake!, Thomas A. Beckett, 05/31/2000