internetworkers - To Valley or not to Valley

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Thomas <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: To Valley or not to Valley
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:28:30 -0400

Excrept from Christina Dyrness's column in today's N&O, "Wisdom from the
Valley" below. Column on line at
http://www.news-observer.com/daily/2000/04/17/biz01.html.

Raises some interesting points. I've done many short trips to the Valley
in recent months. I definitely admire downtown San Jose and pervasive
light rail. Don't like the continous strip mall feel. Perhaps we have
some people that have recently lived in the Valley that could share...

I'm very glad to see more voices addressing our growing transportation
problem 'round here...

"Traffic on Interstate 40, rising housing prices, crowded schools and a
shrinking labor pool -- the ill effects of becoming a high-tech mecca
are just starting to emerge in the Triangle. Can we do anything to make
it better before it gets worse?
A small group of business leaders gathered at the Research Triangle
Regional Partnership offices Friday morning with a panel of been-there,
done-that guys from Silicon Valley in search of an answer."

  • To Valley or not to Valley, Michael Thomas, 04/17/2000