internetworkers - JOB: web designer at Alerts.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rafe Colburn <rafeco AT rc3.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: JOB: web designer at Alerts.com
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:53:29 -0500

Alerts.com is looking for an accomplished Web designer/HTML guru
to help us build a Web application that we hope will change the way
millions of people use the Web. This person will be expected to
not only take the lead in designing the interface for the application,
but also do tons of HTML and graphics production work to meet our
ambitious launch schedule.

Required skills include intimate knowledge of HTML, JavaScript, and
the principles of designing Web graphics. (In other words, you don't
have to be a graphic designer, but you need to know about the Web-safe
palette, graphics formats, and all of that other stuff.) Previous
experience working with dynamic publishing systems is also a really
big plus. The ideal candidate has some cool sites in their portfolio
that they can show us, whether they're published for work or for your
own edification. Attention to detail, rigorous pursuit of quality,
and strong opinions about what's right and wrong in the world of Web
design are all desired qualities. If you're capable of having an
impassioned argument about whether <CENTER> or <DIV ALIGN="center"> are
more appropriate, you're probably right for this job.

Alerts.com is a startup company located in Raleigh, NC. We offer
great benefits, stock options, and free snacks and sodas in the
breakroom. We have flexible hours, no cubicles, and a fun work
environment.

The official job posting is at:

http://www.alerts.com/company/employment.html#Information_Designer

--
rc3.org Daily
http://rc3.org

  • JOB: web designer at Alerts.com, Rafe Colburn, 03/23/2000