internetworkers - Re: more Charity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: more Charity
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:31:10 -0500

>"The pressure must be awful. You can imagine the
>night-sweats, as these folks struggle to envision
>the perfect application of wealth..."

he..he.. the problems of having too much money...

<SEGUE>
Of course, money isn't the only form of wealth...
all of us possess a wealth of skills...
</SEGUE>

I know that once upon a time the United Way had
a program where people could "donate" their
computer skills. I believe the model was to
perform IS functions for non-profits under
the United Way umbrella.

I couldn't find any info about it on the
United Way web site but would be willing to
investigate further and report back to the
group if anyone is interested...

Encourage? Discourage? :-)

---
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: mdthomas AT mindspring.com

  • more Charity, Thomas Beckett, 03/15/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: more Charity, mdthomas, 03/16/2000