internetworkers - Re: encourage/discourage?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: encourage/discourage?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:13:18 -0500

>If we decide to have a "cool post of the month", then
>anyone could nominate someone for that at any given time --
>spontaneous. Another online community I belong to does this on an
>informal basis.

This was something we'd talked about for the web
site... Really, we're building the entire web site
so that the community can create and define the
content. (I think y'all will be impressed!)
Personally, I'd love to take the entire threads
from the snow storm and put 'em up...

With the author's explicit permission, of course!

Why? Because good writing is fun to read...

Another of the many great points you made in this
post is that "good posts take on a life of their
own.." Perhaps instead of nominating a single
post, we can put up threads, with preference
towards the longest thread... assuming that
the long thread isn't a series of "you suck"-
"no I don't"-"yes you do" exchanges, I suppose.

But y'all have to remember that I spent
a year and half in the land of token ring.. :-)
I'm quite capable of coming up with a complex
solution to a simple problem. Heck, I might
have even been one of the guys that would
have insisted that web links have to
be bi-directional...

  • encourage/discourage?, Thomas Beckett, 03/14/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: encourage/discourage?, mdthomas, 03/15/2000