internetworkers - Carrboro = nowhere; Arboretum = green grows on trees

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Carrboro = nowhere; Arboretum = green grows on trees
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:42:54 -0500

Well, today's Connect section in the N&O is quite a contrast from last
weeks. In the list of the Triangle's top 100 tech companies, neither
Carrboro nor Chapel Hill are on the map. And in the online version,
neither community is even on the list of localities.

http://www.news-observer.com/daily/2000/03/13/biz02.html

Of course, the ranking criteria was solely number of employees, with
110 being the low cutoff point. As Carlene Hempel acknowledges:
http://www.news-observer.com/daily/2000/03/13/biz01.html Maybe next
year they could use profitability/ROI as the index, and we'd see more
than a few Chapelboro firms ranking high.

A good day for InterNetWorkers, nonetheless. Our own Linda Watson and
Egarden.com get first mention in Christina Dyrness's "Offline" column.
http://www.news-observer.com/daily/2000/03/13/biz03.html
Congratulations on the $5,000,000.00, Linda! (I really do think you and
hesketh.com should go in together on an Arboretum webcam and share your
new office view with the rest of us.)

TaB

  • Carrboro = nowhere; Arboretum = green grows on trees, Thomas Beckett, 03/13/2000