internetworkers - Re: listserv questions...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: listserv questions...
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:23:06 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, kirk FZ wrote:

> i'm changing email addresses. will someone fill me in on a couple things?
>
> ? leaving the list is clearly stated...
got one thing right ;->

> ? how do i join again? Mike Thomas joined me up last time...
there are several ways:

the simpliest is to send an email to:
internetworkers-join AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

join-internetworkers is also supported as is
signon-internetworkers
internetworkers-subscribe
and internetworkers-sub

you can use the www and go to franklin.oit.unc.edu
then select: SunSITE-Hosted-Lists, Organization Lists, internetworkers
Then join up. there you can set your name, passwd and other stuff

you can send e-mail to listserv AT franklin.oit.unc.edu of:
subscribe internetworks
join, on, signon, sub, signon, subscibe, and suscribe also work

actually all majordomo and listserv commands work

> ? is there a -help- command/email?
yes. send a message to listserv AT franklin.oit.unc.edu (majordomo and lyris
also work in place of listserv) of:
help
info also works
http://www.lyris.com/ has extensive searchable help

> ? is there a -list-of-subscribers- command/email?
i believe that that has been turned off for this list and others after a
set of lists were taken and used for spamming. something about
waterproofing your basement sent about 20 times to each address.
to be honest i'm not completely sure of the status without testing it out.

> ? who's the "administrator"?
most often it's Uzoma (aka Uzi) <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>. I help if I can
ever remember the passwd. Jonathan Magid <jem AT metalab.unc.edu> does the
serious heavy lifting--and we appreciate it.

> thanks
you're welcome

> kirk schmidt
>

> currently frankzoe AT bellsouth.net
> soon to be kirklimon AT mindspring.com

Paul Jones
"We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
pjones AT MetaLab.unc.edu voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071

  • listserv questions..., kirk FZ, 03/11/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: listserv questions..., Paul Jones, 03/11/2000