internetworkers - Re: Porn Site Legal Woes Could Sting UNC Law Student

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B Holroyd <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Porn Site Legal Woes Could Sting UNC Law Student
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 09:02:17 -0500

This has nothing to do with this page's content....

Does it bother anyone else when there's no white space between text and
graphic elements or the edge of a Web page? How about whenwords runtogether
and spelling is sloppy? I know I'm not allowed to complain about online
grammar because I may injure some recently educated (say, within the past
three decades) writer's tender feelings, causing them to go into a deep
funk and actually consider their verbal delivery....

(Ok, it's early in the day and week and I've had only one cup of tea. But
isn't the web mature enough for its consumers to legitimately demand decent
layout and good writing? Would someone remember to tell me when delivery
counts more than bells and whistles? Or, horrors, is this the "new
paradigm"? I've noticed that the market is bullish for poor spelling,
grammar, and word usage in other written media; my fingers itch for a blue
pencil whenever I read the N&O! The itch is nearly unbearable when I read
the web -- I've dreamt of becoming a hacker just so I can break into some
of those sites and *fix* 'em!)

Michael Thomas wrote:

> >From the Daily TarHeel, the UNC student newspaper, at
> http://www.unc.edu/dth/archives/2000/03/030300/fnt2.html
>
> "That cost could come from the University's investigation for trademark
> violations into the Web site "UNC Girls," located
> at the domain name uncgirls.com. The site features amateurish snapshots
> of the Pit and Franklin Street and various professional shots of women
> in sexually explicit positions."
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: beeline AT mindspring.com

"B" at home
Snow Pictures Now Showing!

See the Abridged, Illustrated version:
http://beeline.home.mindspring.com/Snow/index.html