internetworkers - It's that time again & a special plea

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: It's that time again & a special plea
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:10:13 -0500

Hey InterNetWorkers -

Where shall we meet in March? It's Chapel Hill this month (unless
anyone has a strong desire for us all to drive to Pittsboro or
Knightdale). A few of us have discussed the following places:

Artist's Escape -- a coffeehouse type place with food & beer, too
Hideaway -- a bar with pool table where Papagayo's used to be
Carolina Brewery -- brewpub on West Franklin

uzoma nwosu wrote:
> Can we say that everyone likes the Carolina Brewery?

I don't see any opposition to the Brewery, Uz. I just confirmed that
the space is available and had them pencil us in. But with 30+ people,
they don't want to serve us a la carte. I have to talk to the manager
tomorrow, but they will probably want to do a "reception style" spread
of appetizers and provide only cocktail service on an individual basis.
That probably means a flat charge per person on the food.

Any problem with that? Any other suggestions?

> If so, can someone
> write the press release to be posted in event calendars?

What event calendars are there, other than the TBJ and N&O? Is there
any other spot where we can insert ourselves?

> I am extremely
> busy this week for some strange reason.

Not with your romantic life, I gather. What a shame it is when a
clean-cut, upstanding, good-looking, energetic, stimulating & creative
young man with no obvious mental defects or character flaws such as
Uzoma cannot get a date for Valentine's Day. Especially in this town
full of bright young women.

Women of the Internet! What are you waiting for? Meet Eligible
bachelor #1. Don't let this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity pass you
by.

> Uzoma "Not doing anything for Valentine's Day so I guess I'll go rent a
> movie or something" Nwosu

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.

Tom