internetworkers - Employment Opportunities

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "John Stonham" <jmstonham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Employment Opportunities
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:57:03 GMT

Dear InterNetworkers:

My name is John Stonham, and I am the founder of Subotai, a start-up based at First Flight in RTP.

Subotai is close to receiving our initial round of financing and, in anticipation of this, we are looking to immediately hire a number of people, including: a senior technical person, three programmers, a Web site designer, a senior business development executive, and two business development associates.

Although we are currently in the process of deciding the experience levels and skill sets we will need in initially filling these positions, the following position descriptions do provide a general (although not comprehensive) overview of who we are looking for.

In the event you are available, or know of anyone who is available, please feel free to either forward your resume to me, or pass this e-mail along to said candidate(s).

Resumes should be sent to directly me at: jmstonham AT mindspring.com.

(Again, the following is a *general* overview of the types of people we are looking for. Anyone interested who feels they even faintly qualify, however, should send me a resume immediately, as we hope to fill these positions - as well as others - by mid-March).

Thank you for your time and consideration, and please feel free to contact me in the event you have any questions.

regards,

John
jmstonham AT mindspring.com

**********

ENGINEERING

++ Director, Software Engineering ++

We need a Database Guru who will be responsible for systems design, management and operation of a global network of interdependent large-scale databases. Fronting and assisting developers in query design & optimization, as well as general database administration. Large scale ISP, DNS and/or similiar such networking experience highly appreciated!

Requirements and Experience:

5+ years programming and managing database management systems
5+ years Oracle programming and C++
5+ years experience with JDBC and ODBC
Experience with web enabled applications

++ Web Master/Designer ++

The Web Master/Designer will be responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of Subotai's Web site(s) by utilizing and coordinating both internal and external resources. The Web Master/Designer must have exerience in building a series of inter-dependent Web sites from the ground up. Fluency in languages other than English highly appreciated!

Requirements and Experience:

3+ years recent experience in the development and implementation of Web designs
Experience developing HTML, ASP, Perl, CGI web sites and Web applications
Experience developing Web scripts on Unix, NT or IIS
Experience developing ecommerce-related applications (to include developing and maintaining a dynamic ecommerce Web site),
Experience managing Web servers

++ UNIX/NT System Administrator ++

Our products will be designed to run on our own high-quality, high-capacity, fully redundant network of global Internet servers. We are seeking to hire a UNIX/NT System Administrator who will be responsible for all aspects of systems management and operations of this network.

Requirements and Experience:

2+ years in System Administration
Experience with setting up and administering UNIX-based or NT-based Web servers
Experience with TCP/IP, Networking and routing principles
Experience with DNS, SAMBA, mail-servers in a mixed Win/UNIX environment desired
Knowledge of HTML, CGI, Perl and SQL (admin) a plus
Ability to troubleshoot, resolve and document problems

MARKETING

++ Director of Business Development ++

We are looking for an organized, energetic and highly motivated Director of Business Development to take charge in developing, implementing and coordinating the biz dev activities for our family of Web services.

As a Director of Business Development, some of your responsibilities will include:

Identify, negotiate and help implement deals with affiliate and channel partners
Work with other functional areas including Product Development, Engineering, Legal and Finance to support partner objectives
Analyze Web landscape and provide supporting data for business development prospects as well as developing product-specific market projections
Participate in company's strategic decision making process, including competitive analysis, positioning, etc.
Leading the product development and marketing process, including features identification and prioritization, collateral development, positioning, advertising, public relations
Contribute in a start-up environment as necessary

Requirements and Experience:

Proven track record as a business development professional in identifying and structuring partnership deals
Understanding of business development/partnering process, relationship management, features and benefit explanations
Strong strategic thinker with knowledge of/experience with the Internet, including sense of content/commerce/community, how technology works, products are integrated, and companies grow
Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to convey clearly, concisely and persuasively information to a range of different internal and external parties to achieve desired results
Strong desire to work in a fast moving, start-up environment and help grow a great business
Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, responsive to internal and external needs
Familiarity with Internet related technologies a plus
MBA or equivalent experience prefered