internetworkers - Re: damages, lost items, etc.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: damages, lost items, etc.
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:40:37 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> Gina Norman wrote:
> > Excuse me, but I believe Brent was the ciggy-thrower who spilled your
> > drink, and Greg was the one who dumped that glass of ice water on me! I
> > am not culpable; I am merely an innocent victim.
>
> But wasn't it you who tried to show off with the flaming Martini trick
> and ended up spilling it all over the sofa?

Trying to douse the flames with holy water "borrowed" from the baptismal
font in the church down the street was all you, though, Gina, and I have
witnesses (albeit witnesses with unreliable memories of the occasion in
question :)

> > One item in particular had a monagram on it that might be helpful in
> > identifying the owner: If "SC" would call the Lounge and describe the
> > item in question, they'll give it to him...
>
> That's a really sweet-looking revolver, too. I'm sure the owner will
> not want to part with it.

Here I must draw myself up to full height and insist that such accusations
- nay, scandalous libel - be withdrawn immediately. And give me back my,
um, novelty cigarette lighter...