internetworkers - Re: Tonight's the Night!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Tonight's the Night!
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 17:54:50 -0500

I'm a little surprised none of you thought of the Andy Williams cover of
this song. Hee-hee! Have fun tonight, we have other plans, like sleep.
Roger (geezer geek in Raleigh still battling the flu)

Thomas Beckett wrote:

> "Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)" by Rod Stewart from "Night On
> The Town" (1976) and repackaged in numerous anthologies.
> http://allmusic.com/cg/x.dll?UID=3:38:07|PM&p=amg&sql=A50239
>
> kirk FZ wrote:
> >
> > Time for my two cents...
> >
> > I'm surprised that not a single person mentioned that
> > "Tonight's the Night" is also a song performed (and written?!)
> > by Neil Young. I believe it's also the name of one of his albums.
> > It's one of the better latter day Neil Young Anthems...
> >
> > kirk schmidt
> >
> > "K. Jo Garner" wrote // On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Gina Norman wrote:
> >
> > > ->> Tonight's the night! (Wasn't that an old, bad Rod Stewart song?)
> > > ->
> > > ->No, it's a old, bad Phil Collins song (which, I know, endears it to
> > > you
> > > ->all the more, eh?)
> > > ->
> > >
> > > FWIW, like everyone cares, it's "Tonight Tonight Tonight" and was from
> > > the
> > > Invisible Touch album put out by Genesis in 88 (?). Of course, Phil
> > > Collins was a member of Genesis, but I don't know if he got full
> > > songwriting credits or not.
> > >
> > > 80s music trivia? *pats pocket* Rightcheer.
> >
> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: thomas AT tbeckett.com

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: rda AT rti.org

Roger Austin rda AT rti.org (919)541-7476 192 MCB/HLB
Research Triangle Institute, POB 12194, RTP, NC 27709-2194