internetworkers - Re: fire fire!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B Holroyd <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: fire fire!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:18:09 -0500

We have a friend who's worked at Jade Palace for years. She just called
with a report....

Customers were in the restaurant when employees in the back noticed smoke
coming out of a storage area. Apparently, they got the diners out in a calm
and orderly fashion before smoke was noticeable in the dining area. No one
was hurt. There is a good deal of smoke damage. (Tsk -- they just installed
new carpeting and booths, too.) They will be closed for at least a week,
possibly longer.

For some reason (and this is third hand and not completely clear), the
restaurant owner was unable to dial or access the 911 operator from the
Palace's telephone and had to call in the fire from his car 'phone.

--30--

Thomas Beckett wrote:

> Paul Jones wrote:
> > carrboro between weaver and main sts in the triangle across from nations
> > bank
>
> That's the place. There was dark smoke billowing out of the front and
> back of the place. 3 fire trucks responded. They've apparently got the
> main fire under control, but there's more fire in the ceiling or
> something in the back of the place. Firefighters are on the roof sawing
> holes in it. Little Carrboro's a beehive of activity.
>
> Tom

<snip>

--
"B" at home