internetworkers - [internetworkers] sxsw?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: schampeo at hesketh.com (Steven Champeon)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] sxsw?
  • Date: Wed Feb 26 01:12:14 2003

Any Internetworkers going to be at SxSW next weekend?

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier
From: craigduncan at nc.rr.com (Craig Duncan)
Date: Wed Feb 26 09:16:43 2003
Subject: [internetworkers] health insurance for independents?

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 11:00 pm, Michael D. Thomas wrote:
> >So, all you individual contractors out there -- why not join up with
> > a partner or two?
>
> Great idea!
>
> How hard would this be to set up here?
>
> Could a corporation/LLP whatever be set up for the main purpose of
> qualifying it's members better health coverage, without loss of
> independence for the contractors? Do we need something like
> MediaAlliance here, or would it be redundant?

Ironically, the media alliance web site (www.mediaalliance.org) is
unavailable.

In Cleveland OH, there is an organization called COSE (council of small
enterprise). The main purpose of this org was to provide cost effective
group benefits to many small companies (one or more employees).

http://www.cose.org/
"COSE is perhaps best known for its health insurance program, which
provides quality, affordable coverage for more than 13,000 companies,
affecting 200,000 insured lives in Northeast Ohio. Both the Bush and
Clinton administrations have recognized COSE for its trailblazing work
in healthcare group purchasing. "

To qualify, you need to be incorporated, and COSE would be a good model
to copy. If only you could apply the same idea to personal insurance.

  • [internetworkers] sxsw?, Steven Champeon, 02/26/2003