internetworkers - [internetworkers] Career Crisis?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: jlguallar at maduixa.net (Josep L. Guallar-Esteve)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Career Crisis?
  • Date: Mon Feb 17 17:18:43 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 04:3716pm, Michael D. Thomas wrote:
> But I thought that prostitution was usually an entry-level career.
> How applicable will my object-oriented design and development skills
> really be?

Are you kidding me?

I thought that prostitution was the name for Linux H@x3rS working on
.NET on a consulting firm.

Oh, well. My English is not that perfect, I guess.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Linux System and Network Administration http://www.easternrad.com
From: jlguallar at maduixa.net (Josep L. Guallar-Esteve)
Date: Mon Feb 17 17:20:04 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 03:5515pm, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> hey, remember back in the day when there was all that hullabaloo
> about everyone being unemployed and losing their jobs and never
> getting another one and all that?
>
> never fear, internet user, because the Micro$oft Network is looking
> out for you:
>
> http://editorial.careers.msn.com/articles/sexyjobs/
>
> one tiny transition and suddenly you are gainfully employed again!
> cheers!
> /drm

OMG!

This is hilarious!

Thanks for such a good link Dave!

Salut,
Josep
From: jeni.grant at pobox.com (Jeni Grant)
Date: Mon Feb 17 18:54:20 2003
Subject: [internetworkers] Donating computer hardware?

I've got a several boxes of older computer hardware - everything ranging
from motherboards to sound/video/network cards to drives to cables. It's
filling up my closet, and I want it gone. Are there any local
organizations that accept donations of used computer hardware? As far as I
know, it all works - I just have no use and no space for it.

-jeni-

--
"I don't really love computers, I just say that to get them into bed with
me." --Terry Pratchett

geekchyk.org // jeni.livejournal.com // photos.geekchyk.org