homestead - [Homestead] Minto Wheel (revisited)

  • From: "WILLIAM JONES" <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Homestead] Minto Wheel (revisited)
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 03:06:06 GMT

I really should be more careful.  Last night I was hurrying.
The mechanism behind the Minto wheel is nothing like what I described.  It's
really an endlessly rotating "dunking bird" with a tube that conveys liquid
to the upper chamber from a lower one on the opposite side.  Instead of a
cool head whose vacuum sucks the propellant upward, the Minto wheel
has a hot bottom chamber inside which pressurized vapor pushes the propellant
upward.  It's actually a pretty cool idea.
But making one is totally beyond my capability.

  • [Homestead] Minto Wheel (revisited), WILLIAM JONES, 07/30/2012