homestead - Re: [Homestead] Paraplegia Story

  • From: "WILLIAM JONES" <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Paraplegia Story
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:57:56 GMT

Bill Jones wrote:
> I'm staying in my seat until the ride comes to a full stop.
Sorry, I realize now the possible dark interpretation of this sentence.  Heck
no, Dr. L. and I are going dancing if I ever walk again.  And there's every
reason to believe I will.  I can "squeeze the aspirin" with my knees
together, move both ankles, and tap my toes if the beat isn't too fast.
Touching my legs feels just like it does when your limbs fall asleep and
they're waking up, like a vague burning pain in other words.  And I've
scarcely had time to test it all out.
I think if I prayed to God for my legs to work, She would just laugh.  She
would say, "I gave you two good legs.  Where did you walk to?  The
refrigerator?  The TV room?  The bar?  Pray for the ones who also have no
arms, or have 5 kids to support."  Walking is one of my goals, but either
way, I'm going to have a great life.  I'm working on a book on how to live on
weeds, and I have my many fluid power projects.  Our buddy recently lost his
job as a handyman, so now I have a technician to help put it all together.
In truth, if this had never happened, my greatest ideas would have died with
me, and been forgotten in a dusty notebook.  Imagine how much that would have
offended God.