homestead - [Homestead] Solar hot water

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Solar hot water
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 10:24:48 -0500

While we are on the subject of solar power, my current research is into home built solar hot water heater. I am leaning toward a fined tube design using PEX for the tubes and barn tin for the fins.

I am not sure I will get to it before fall as I have two major projects going at this time. I bought a radio tower this spring and hope to get it up and antennas mounted before fall. I am building the rotator bracket now adn hope to make arrangements to have a 36X48X48 hole dug. Building forms, designing tilt base, setting rebar, pouring concrete, then I get to set up the tower.

Another project is the backup generator. I need to get the generator cleaned, tested, pad poured, and transfer switch hooked up before fall.

--
Don Bowen KI6DIU

  • [Homestead] Solar hot water, Don Bowen, 06/17/2012