homestead - [Homestead] Chipper

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Chipper
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:15:10 -0500

I have a chance to get an electric chipper/shredder. It's an electric
1-1/4" Capacity 15 Amp Chipper Shredder, I could use it to shred
leaves and other things that would go in the compost pile.

Another reason I've always thought one of these would come in handy is
to chop corn stalks and the like to make silage. That stuff would be
green, so not as hard as when dry. I'm sure I'd have to go slow, but
I'd not be making a whole lot at any one time.

I've seen the process to make silage in garbage bags or other sealable
containers and other than the chopping think it would work out for me.

Anybody have any experience with a shedder like this?

Rob - Va

  • [Homestead] Chipper, Robert Walton, 02/10/2012