homestead - [Homestead] Berries

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Berries
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:15:54 -0500

Linda mentioned being over run with strawberries. That's one that I'm
going to start in spring. I started some elderberries last spring,
they did great and I actually got enough to make jelly. I'm starting
more this year. I also have concord grapes.

I'm also starting some blackberries. Both thorned and thornless
varieties. I have a small garden that is going to be grapes, thornless
blackberries and dwarf fruit trees. God help me if it ever gets away
from me, it will be a jungle.

Does anyone else grow cultivated berries?

Rob - Va