homestead - [Homestead] Some Interesting Factoids

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Some Interesting Factoids
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:17:22 -0700

> http://theautomaticearth.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-13-2011-how-black-is-japanese.html

With reference to the numbers the Japanese used, a seismic expert at HSU did
a study to determine the size of earthquakes prior to 1900. Japan was one of
the countries she studied. She was trying to correlate the formation of
Humboldt Bay and Trinidad Bay with a quake in Japan in 1619. The quake
occured in the same shelf that this current quake occured at. Now, I haven't
a clue how they do these determinations, but they determined that the quake
was a 9.2.

Now, personally, I think she was off by one year. The Bay was formed in
1620, Feb. 20 to be precise as best we can determine. It was also determined
that these giant "events" occur approximately every 300 years. Humboldt
County has been warned that they are way past do for one that is in the upper
8s or
a 9.

We worked hard to stop the Bodega Head nuclear power plant and we finally
got the one on Humboldt Bay closed down. The Bodega Head plant would have
sat right on an "arm" of the San Andreas and the Humboldt Bay plant sits on
a fault on is less than 10 miles (absolutely the same as sitting on the
fault as far as earthquakes are concerned) from the end of the San Andreas
fault.

Now, the importance of the Japanese nuclear plant and its probable meltdown
is two-fold. One, the reason that the Crescent City Harbor was destroyed
again, Trinidad experienced whirlpools and destroyed boats and other places
along the coast had damage is that the ocean currents run in a straight line
from Japan to California.

Two, anyone looked at the Jet Stream lately and how it works? Well, that
darlin' little marvel of air flow begins on the East coast of Japan and then
swings directly at the U.S. Doesn't pass go, doesn't collect $200, unlike
the air flow from Russia.

Three, anyone studied El Nino and La Nina lately? Well, depending on which
we have will determine where we'll get a radiation dump if that plant melts
down! El Nino runs the Jet Stream straight at the U.S./Baja border and then
across the southwest and to Florida. La Nina, on the other hand, aims it at
the
Cal/Oregon border and points north and then makes a swing across the U.S.
that takes a slightly "Z" pattern. Kinda likes to hit the fly over states.

The power plant goes and the U.S. is who will get the majority of the
fallout, NOT Japan!

So, I bet most folks think there have only been two nuclear incidents prior
to Japan, Chernobyl and Three Mile Island??? Not! Let's go all the way
back to 1952 and Chalk River in Canada. Windscale Pile No. 1, England
(twice). South Ural Mountains, Russia. Greifswald, East Germany.
Tokaimura, Japan. Mihama, Japan. Kashiwazaki, Japan. Vinca, Yugoslavia.
Santa Susana, CA. Charlestown, RI. Monroe, Michigan. Dumfries and
Galloway, Scotland. Lucens, Switzerland. Jaslovske Bohunice,
Czechoslovakia. Middletown, PA. Orleans, France. Tsuruga, Japan. Buenos
Aires, Argentina. Prypiat, Ukraine. Hamm-Uentrop, Germany. Ishikawa,
Japan. Ibaraki, Japan. Paks, Hungary. Sellafield, England. Braidwood,
IL. Erwin, TN.

And those are only the ones we know about. Cover-up is the rule, not the
exception with these incidents!

And, folks want to build more nuclear power plants why?