homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moose May Provide Clues About Human Osteoarthritis

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moose May Provide Clues About Human Osteoarthritis
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:33:50 -0800

I was curious about the same thing Rob. There are pictures in biology books the kidlets have that show a migration of these/those moose on and off that island. And not just walking, they are great swimmers.

More tax dollars at work.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

The adoption of a "corn-based diet" is when those people went from hunter-gathers to agriculture. Agriculture is a major shift in lifestyle & major changes happen for a reason.

FWIW the winter I went to Isle Royale the moose could have walked off the island, the wolves were. No idea what that has to do with anything but Lake Superior was frozen that year and on the trip up I saw wolves running on the ice.