homestead - Re: [Homestead] Missouri taxation

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Missouri taxation
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:08:57 -0400

I have no idea of what this 'yestosavehomes' is about. I saw a dedicated page on Facebook and all I know is that it is about taxation. Had you explained it to me, I probably wouldn't have understood it anyway, but thought I would ask since you own a home in MO and you are a realtor...
I went to high school with the girl on FB...she's a nice person, but .... I'm sure she is a great realtor though because she gets along well with people and is well liked.

I guess I will spend a few hours reading about this to learn what is going on, because what happens there could happen here. Sorry to have set you on alert status-not my intention, just wanted you to cut through the tax/law BS and give me the cliff notes version of what was happening. I have a mental block about that kind of stuff. Thanks anyway though.

I am sorry that you think I was baiting you or something. That is not the case. I have tried, many times over the years, to start discussions to keep this list alive and active. Since Missouri is a state that many homesteaders dream about, I thought it relevant to post (and I still don't know whether it is pro or anti homestead lifestyle because I still have no idea of what this is about!).