homestead - Re: [Homestead] Grafting

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Grafting
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 11:43:03 -0400

> Congratulations of the new homestead. Remind me which you bought. You wrote
> first about one that really enthused you and then later another that was
> more affordable, do I recall that correctly?

I decided that the more affordable one was the right choice. Farmhouse in
good shape with good shade. If things go well, I'll be able to pay off most
of it with the proceeds from my current homestead. 25 acres with 8 or 10 a
hayfield.

The more expensive place was wonderful, but I decided that 25 acres of
pasture is really more than I need or want to work with. Plus, I'd have
still had a good sized mortgage after selling my current place.

> NAFEX is a group of highly knowledgeable fruity people. You will fit right
> in.

I resemble that remark, at least part of it :>)

Rob - Va