homestead - Re: [Homestead] BCC Testing

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] BCC Testing
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:58:10 -0400

Robert Walton wrote:
A Bcc would tell you that your message went out of Google's server and
came back in and was delivered to you. Doesn't mean that the other
recipient (the list) received the email.

Normally, yeah, but the list puts the Homestead header on the mail, so when you get it withe the Homestead banner, you know it made it, not just back to you.
I am thankful to Jerry for that idea.
Google's logic is that you will be notified if a recipient didn't
receive an email. It's a matter of trust, and whether you trust that
Google did what they were supposed to do with your email.

I understand their logic, and Marie's logic about having the message in the sent folder, but...maybe it was too many years of dialup-too many mis-sends, or maybe I am just vain and like to see my own name in my inbox, but whatever...old habits die hard and I was used to seeing my posts after I made them. Also, sometimes, especially on this list, there would be a 'batch effect'. I could make several posts, but they might not go through for a few hours, instead of immediately. This way, I know exactly when the message hits the list.

If your mind works in a way that you need to see a copy of your
original mail to the list on a thread, before there is a response, a
BCC would sort of do that. Remember, once there is a response, your
original email in that thread appears as the first post in the filings
of that email in your inbox.

Sometimes, though, there is no response...

Bev

--
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson