homestead - Re: [Homestead] LUNAR IMPACT OCT 9 FRIDAY

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] LUNAR IMPACT OCT 9 FRIDAY
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 23:10:21 -0400

Hi Lynda...I probably won't be watching for two reasons..
1. It will be 7:30 am here, daylight, .
2. I will be on my way to work

Be sure youngest allows enough time to make sure she is aware of her directions(up and down, etc.), because the depending on the number of mirrors in her scope, the image may be upside down, reversed, or both.

Bev

Lynda wrote:
You gonna be watching, Bev, as we do somemore littering on the moon? Youngest has her telescope all prepped and ready to go. Shouldn't have any cloud cover or fog.

LUNAR IMPACT: This Friday morning, Oct 9th, at approximately 4:30 am
PDT, NASA's LCROSS spacecraft and its Centaur booster rocket will
plunge one after another into a shadowed crater near the Moon's south
pole. The spectacular double-impact will be shown live on NASA TV
from the point of view of the LCROSS spacecraft. Meanwhile, impact
debris plumes emerging from the crater may be visible through backyard
telescopes. North American sky watchers west of the Mississippi river
are favored with darkness and good views of the Moon at the time of
impact. Visit http://spaceweather.com for observing tips and full
coverage.

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.