homestead - Re: [Homestead] OT Music this time..

  • From: "JPitts" <thepitts AT localnet.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] OT Music this time..
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 12:34:45 -0500

A New Wind Blowing by Langston Hughes

Jerry
To: "Homestead List" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 11:08 AM
Subject: [Homestead] OT Music this time..

I would like to make a CD of music, pop, alternative, and country that
is dedicated to the young men and women serving our country. I started
making a list of songs that I thought are about service, and then
suddenly my mind went blank. I'd also like to include any songs with
love and separation as themes(Here without you, for example)
Add to the list, if you can...

I'm Already There, Lonestar
When I Look to the Sky, Train
Here Without You, 3 Doors Down

Bev, missing the kid, who called last night...from windy dock in Guam
(a super typhoon just went through there)... said he will not be able to
make it home until this time next year. :(

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed