homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Great Depression, V 2.0

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Great Depression, V 2.0
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:03:38 -0700 (PDT)

Excellent article !

"However, the main event on  the horizon is the “bailout bubble” and the
general world debt bubble, which will plunge the world into a Great
Depression the likes of which have never before been seen."

I agree.  I do wish the author connected the dots better between debt bubble
(fueled by out of control money creation and government spending) with
hyperinflation.  The world debt bubble at first will be fought off by
governments with currency printing (hyperinflation) and will end afterwards
with a depression this likes none have seen.

The bail-outs via creating money out of thin air are not US specific.  As
this article points out, happening all over.

In Depression I, it was a worldwide depression, but back then most countriess
were still on a gold standard which made it limited in scope.  Not any

The money printing to fuel those bail-outs just push the day of reckoning out
a bit further.  Some think it starts end of this year, others about 3-4 years
from now.  It's been a long time, but I think Dr. Mark Faber about 5 years
ago was looking at the 2013 time frame.

Agree with the author that the bailout money is going into the stock market,
right on cue,,, the banks need to offset coming losses in the next wave of
defaults, and it is a very easy place for them to "print their own version of
money" out of thin air.