homestead - [Homestead] Chickens with discoloration on comb

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Chickens with discoloration on comb
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:12:46 -0400

Hey all,
My boss emailed me this picture of his young rooster with a discoloration on
his comb and wattle. His pullets have it also. He's googled it, but comes up
with all sorts of things it could be. Obviously, it's not frost bite.

Here is a picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waltonrp/sets/72157621905114008/

Any ideas?

His family is trying to be more self-sufficient, I didn't even know that my
boss was a homestead wannabe. This is their first time with chickens, so I
hate for them to have problems.

Thanks,

Rob - Va