homestead - [Homestead] Jam by weight

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Jam by weight
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:32:56 -0800

Hey, Bev, got this and thought it might help with what you were looking for:

"I do however convert a lot of my recipes to weight using the USDA nutrient database.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

It will tell you for example how many grams a cup of raw blueberries weighs
(148 g) or what a tablespoon of honey weighs (21g) etc. They'll even tell
you that 50 berries weighs 68g :) Not 67g or 69g.

Nutrition labels as well as recipes (published) from the US should be
referencing this database. The government likes to standardize these
things."

Lynda
Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

  • [Homestead] Jam by weight, Lynda, 06/19/2009