homestead - Re: [Homestead] Marijuana story

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Marijuana story
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:22:03 -0400

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:54 AM, <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:

> There is a particular stand in Golden Gate park in San Francisco where you
> can buy brownies. They have the "other" brownies under the counter. been
> there for 15 years
>
> We naively attended a 'green party' party our neighbors had several years
ago when we'd only lived in Floyd for a year or two. Emerson was going on 6
maybe? Anyway, we brought our potluck dish and added it to the others and
got our meal. Thankfully, a friend came along and gave us the low down to
avoid the very brownies that Emerson was this close to taking one from.
Whew! The friend stashed them elsewhere to prevent that problem from
happening again, but apparently we were the only ones who had no clue.

We do now. Growing pot is an under cover (pun or no pun intended) economy
here in Floyd, it seems the troopers mostly look the other way, or who
knows, perhaps they're even in on the take. Troopers salaries begin at $24k
in this county--not much for putting their life on the line every day. And
due to getting less from the state and county taxes being down in general,
they are not getting a raise for the near future and have had to cut back in
the department.

My sin of choice is my own homemade wine--slightly less alcohol, hardly any
nitrates and nearly organic. Works for me.

Lisa
sw VA