homestead - Re: [Homestead] Good sites for Solar advice?

  • From: "Warren" <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Good sites for Solar advice?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:07:29 -0400

Don wrote:

> And remember that the cheapest Watt you can generate is a Watt you do not
> have to generate. Start with conservation, see just how low you can get
> your electric usage then do the planning.

Thanks for the link. I'll forward it to her. I think what I quoted is the
best advice she can be given- live in the house and challenge herself to
reduce consumption, use a clothesline, sleep without A/C and see just what
she has to have. This has the dual benefit of allowing her time to research
and also, time for this urge to pass if it is not a sincere and committed
one.

Warren