homestead - [Homestead] Spring????

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Spring????
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:44:43 -0800

Well, went out to pick out lambs for youngest 4-H project. Saw a couple of really nice ewe lambs if they get a new judge that knows what the heck to look for and a nice ram lamb if we get the same judge as last year (she likes "pretty" lambs, not good market lambs).

So, we're standing around talking about how the lambing went this year and how they got 3 sets of triplets. One set was a REAL surprise because the ewe wasn't supposed to be bred. She'd jumped a fence last year and had her udder ripped literally off. As we're weighing the triplets (5 weeks, born 8 pounds and weighed 35, 34 and 16 pounds, not bad weight gains and REALLY nice lambs), blessed if it doesn't start snowing!

Yep, SNOWING! 70 degrees yesterday and snow today!

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

  • [Homestead] Spring????, Lynda, 04/14/2009