homestead - Re: [Homestead] almonds

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] almonds
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:27:23 EST

Nope - but we do grow pistachios.

We celebrate the world's only annual Pistachio Festival the first Saturday
in November every year - arts, crafts, live music, raffles, face painting for

the kids, custom car show (a la Route 66), etc.

I have a lot of rather (ahem) meaningless titles here (Executive Director -
Property Owners) and Vice-President - Chamber of Commerce.

I only mention this because of my raging obsession with food!

On the Festival agenda, every year, there is a category for pistachio
recipes...s'pposed to be a cooking contest, but I have to see any
participants or
any awards. Folks just show up (from all over) and walk away with their bags
of pistachios. Lord knows what they do with them.

And I've been wanting for many years to put together a cookbook (for sale)
to benefit the Chamber...but...where are the participants?

I don't know why you asked about almonds (maybe for medical reasons?) but if
there's any connection to...gourmet fare <g> please let me know.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 1/19/2009 4:03:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,